Sock clipart from http://www.mycutegraphics.com/graphics/sock/brown-sock.html
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. ~ John 3:16-17
One year ago I retired after working 38+ years at a local financial institution. I had no idea at that time that I could be happy for 365 days in a row! Now, don’t get me wrong, being a data analyst was a career I enjoyed, but I never felt like it was what I was put on this earth to do. I always felt like it was a means for me to provide for my family and that was it. I truly believe that now I’m living life now is the way that the Lord meant life to be lived. I also feel like there is more coming down the road that God will want me to do. But for now, I’m enjoying life every day, even if I’m just taking a nap!
What retirement has taught me so far:
- I don’t need to have a lot of money to be happy.
- It’s a lot nicer grocery shopping during the day than in the evening.
- I’m sooooo busy! I always have something to do, even if it’s taking a nap!
- When you’re feeling under the weather, it’s so nice to be able to just lie down on the sofa and not rush off to get something or another done.
- I get to say “Yes” to lots more things than I ever did before.
- It’s OK to say “No.”
- It’s easier for my friends and I to get together now that just one of us is more flexible.
- Chilling at night watching TV feels great when I can get my errands done during the day.
- Did I mention that the sun shines even during the winter?
- My cat likes to cuddle with me in the afternoons.
- My dog like to make my cat move so he can cuddle with me in the afternoons.
- Even though things in life go “splat,” my overall like is full of “sparkles.”
- I get to see my crocuses in full bloom — during the daytime!
- Actually getting to watch the birds eat from my feeder is fun.
- Watching the squirrel eat from the bird feeder is even more fun!
Have a great day everyone! I sure am!