Sock clipart from http://www.mycutegraphics.com/graphics/sock/brown-sock.html
Did you ever lack so much of sleep that even your hair seems tired? That when you fix your hair in the morning and try to give it that lift, it just keeps flopping? Well, that was me yesterday.
I’ll back up a little bit to the night before. I went to bed at 11:00ish. Woke up at 2:30 a.m. wide awake. Bummer. Went to the bathroom. Went back to bed and tried reading my romance novel. That should do the trick.
…… Nope, no such luck. Still wide awake.
. Try laying on my other side. Left side. Right side. Left side. Right side.
. Hubby finally comes to bed. He had a late night at work. #%$@! He’s out cold in 5 minutes and I’m still awake.
. Left side. Right side. Left side. Right side. Left side. Right side. Left side. Right side. Try reading some more.
. On my back willing myself to sleep. Not happening.
. My dog starts dreaming; kicks me in the calf three times hard! Hubby starts snoring. Dog starts snoring. And they aren’t even in sync with each other! The least they could do is snore in synchronization! iiiiiiieeeeeeee!!!!
– Left side. Right side. Left side. Right side. Left side. Right side. Left side. Right side.
. Now I’m hungry. I get up, get a drink of milk and have to use the bathroom again. Ugh.
. It’s 5:00 a.m. now. Still didn’t sleep and I have to get up a 6:00 a.m. to get my daughter off to school. I go lay down on the sofa and set my phone alarm. Still can’t sleep. Read some more.
6:00 a.m. rolls around and these “croaking frogs” start singing in my ear. Ugh. My alarm. I get up, use the bathroom yet again (I should be empty by now) and get my daughter up.
Daughter’s off to school now and it’s 8:00a.m. I have to get moving because I have an 11:00 appointment. I think, “I could sleep for an hour maybe.” I just can’t see straight I’m so tired. I lay down on the sofa, try to sleep. Hubby’s still snoring away in bed.
Next thing I know, I hear those stupid croaking frogs in my ear again. It’s 9:00 a.m.; must’ve fallen asleep around 8:30 I think. I shower, dry off and try to fix my hair. Hubby walks into the bathroom and I say, look at my hair! It’s too tired to do what I want it to do.
I was shot the rest of the day. I just hate nights like that.
“May the sleep be with you…”
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. ~ John 3:16-17
One year ago I retired after working 38+ years at a local financial institution. I had no idea at that time that I could be happy for 365 days in a row! Now, don’t get me wrong, being a data analyst was a career I enjoyed, but I never felt like it was what I was put on this earth to do. I always felt like it was a means for me to provide for my family and that was it. I truly believe that now I’m living life now is the way that the Lord meant life to be lived. I also feel like there is more coming down the road that God will want me to do. But for now, I’m enjoying life every day, even if I’m just taking a nap!
What retirement has taught me so far:
- I don’t need to have a lot of money to be happy.
- It’s a lot nicer grocery shopping during the day than in the evening.
- I’m sooooo busy! I always have something to do, even if it’s taking a nap!
- When you’re feeling under the weather, it’s so nice to be able to just lie down on the sofa and not rush off to get something or another done.
- I get to say “Yes” to lots more things than I ever did before.
- It’s OK to say “No.”
- It’s easier for my friends and I to get together now that just one of us is more flexible.
- Chilling at night watching TV feels great when I can get my errands done during the day.
- Did I mention that the sun shines even during the winter?
- My cat likes to cuddle with me in the afternoons.
- My dog like to make my cat move so he can cuddle with me in the afternoons.
- Even though things in life go “splat,” my overall like is full of “sparkles.”
- I get to see my crocuses in full bloom — during the daytime!
- Actually getting to watch the birds eat from my feeder is fun.
- Watching the squirrel eat from the bird feeder is even more fun!
Have a great day everyone! I sure am!