One year ago I retired after working 38+ years at a local financial institution. I had no idea at that time that I could be happy for 365 days in a row! Now, don’t get me wrong, being a data analyst was a career I enjoyed, but I never felt like it was what I was put on this earth to do. I always felt like it was a means for me to provide for my family and that was it. I truly believe that now I’m living life now is the way that the Lord meant life to be lived. I also feel like there is more coming down the road that God will want me to do. But for now, I’m enjoying life every day, even if I’m just taking a nap!
What retirement has taught me so far:
- I don’t need to have a lot of money to be happy.
- It’s a lot nicer grocery shopping during the day than in the evening.
- I’m sooooo busy! I always have something to do, even if it’s taking a nap!
- When you’re feeling under the weather, it’s so nice to be able to just lie down on the sofa and not rush off to get something or another done.
- I get to say “Yes” to lots more things than I ever did before.
- It’s OK to say “No.”
- It’s easier for my friends and I to get together now that just one of us is more flexible.
- Chilling at night watching TV feels great when I can get my errands done during the day.
- Did I mention that the sun shines even during the winter?
- My cat likes to cuddle with me in the afternoons.
- My dog like to make my cat move so he can cuddle with me in the afternoons.
- Even though things in life go “splat,” my overall like is full of “sparkles.”
- I get to see my crocuses in full bloom — during the daytime!
- Actually getting to watch the birds eat from my feeder is fun.
- Watching the squirrel eat from the bird feeder is even more fun!
Have a great day everyone! I sure am!